Friday, August 20, 2010

Switching from wired to wireless with 4 computers and need some help!?

I use a Mac and I have 3 PC's connected to the internet and its just wires everywhere. I want to switch to a wireless router but I don't want to have to sacrifice speed. My mac uses n-networking and the others use g. If I switch to a decent n router, will the Mac get good speed and the other computers not notice anything?



Switching from wired to wireless with 4 computers and need some help!?antivirus software



It depends on how fast your internet connection is and whether your multiple computers are being used simultaneously. If you have a typical internet connection of 3 megabits/sec or so, then the 54 mb/s throughput of an 802.11g router should be fine.



The one area where you will see a degradation though is on file transfers between the computers in your house. These will be considerably slower. While the routers are rated at 54 mbits/sec. I believe that this is the raw link rate, not the data payload rate, which is considerably less due primarily to the overhead of encryption.



Your rates will also be greatly effected by the geometry of your wireless network. If it's possible to locate the router/access point central to all your computers, that will be best.



Switching from wired to wireless with 4 computers and need some help!?computer virus



u should get a b/g/n that runs in mixed mode if u want to utilize each cards capabilities. =)



  • nursing home listings
  • how to connect a kodak z1 to my pc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment