Friday, August 20, 2010

Same internet connection, but different speeds for two computers. Help?

I have a 100Mbit Fiber Optics internet connection and have actually tested it out with my desktop PC. When I test it out with my desktop PC, I get really good speeds, however; when testing it out on my laptop, I get some sad borderline speeds. Both LAN cards support up to 100mbps. Why am I unable to get the same speeds for both computers? Is there anything I can tweak for my laptop to get speeds like my desktop?



Same internet connection, but different speeds for two computers. Help?norton 360



On a 100MBit connection you have a download speed of around 12 MB/s how on earth can you tell if one computer is slower then the other with that speed ?



Anyway, you should check that you laptop doesn't have any kind of spyware / viruses that are using your internet connection, or other background processes that are using up bandwidth.



There are plenty of sites on the internet with different tweaks.



Try Google.



http://www.tweakxp.com/internet_tweaks.a...

No comments:

Post a Comment