Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Internet speed stuck at 5mbps and 3mbps respectively on my two computers sharing one internet connec

I have two computers both running on wireless, but the connection for the laptop is 5mbps while the one on the desktop is 3mbps and it does not waver even if one computer is off. My total connection is 10mbps. What is happening and what can i do to change this? I do not think the wireless if affecting this.



Internet speed stuck at 5mbps and 3mbps respectively on my two computers sharing one internet connection?panda



I am not so sure if I can answer your problem right but here goes :



1) i think that your network cards may be at an area where the wireless connection is not so strong. So in effect, it cannot get maximum speed :)



2) if number 1 is false, then check the network card settings of each device. The cards may have been configured to use either minimal power or their respective maximum speed of communication has been pre-set.



3) as for your laptop, the minimal speed of 3mbps may be caused by you running on batteries :) In laptops you can also force your system to maximize power for the wireless network card.



that is all and I hope they help.



Internet speed stuck at 5mbps and 3mbps respectively on my two computers sharing one internet connection?suzuki



Probably your computer might be infected by the Browser Hijack. Look for spybot or any other spyware remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment