Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I hook my Hp office jet 5510v wirelessly to two different windows computers?

How do I hook my Hp officejet 5510v to two diffrerent computers? It is on our main computer in the living room. I want it to wirelessly connect to the computer in my bedroom. I am working on Windows. Please give me instruction by instruction or as much info as possible. Please email me at suzmarie187@yahoo.com



How do I hook my Hp office jet 5510v wirelessly to two different windows computers?free antivirus



Let see....



Current situation:



1 x printer



2 x computers (laptop OR desktop)



Goal: accessing printer everywhere in house



solution 1:



Let say you have at least 1 desktop located close to the printer:



1. you can connect the printer to desktop computer physically (see your printer manual for setup)



2. If you setup the printer correctly, you should fine the printer available for use on your desktop. You can share it. For more detailed info on how to share your printer in Windows 2000 or later (XP), see the following url http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using...



The only drawback of this approach is you have to have the desktop up and running literally 24/7 (if you want the printer available all the time)



solution 2:



Buy print server.



Installation may vary for each brand. Here are few brands you can search on:



LINKSYS



=============

No comments:

Post a Comment