Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do pictures on my website only show up on some computers?

I use Web.com to create my business websites. While the sites look great on my computer, I will have a few friends review it on their computers and some of the pictures will be blank squares with a red ''x'' in the corner. What can I do to fix this? I have viewed the websites in Mozilla, too - but no issues on my end.



Why do pictures on my website only show up on some computers?ducati



The picture files are not being served over the website for some reason. In internet explorer (I presume the browser the x's are in, picture files that are not found on the webserver show up as a blank space with an x. In Mozilla Firefox, the picture images are not shown at all, which is why the site seems smooth to you.



Why do pictures on my website only show up on some computers?hp



Make sure that you have uploaded the files on the server and please provide alink so that I can check and tell you what exactly the issue is..



Mail me the link or contact me when you post the link..



Best Of Luck!
I have seen this problem before when the image is not uploaded to the web site. Right click on the image on your web page on your computer and select ''Properties''. What is the URL (Address) of the image? If it is on your hard drive (has an address like file://... or C:\...) and not on the web server (has an address like http://) then you will only be able to view it on your computer.



If the address is on the web server, perhaps you could share the URL of the page and we could have a look at it?
why dont you post a link to the site so we can look at the source code...



edit: I tested both sites in IE6 and Firefox 2.0.12 and I can see all of the images...

No comments:

Post a Comment