Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I play 3 player games on 3 computers without a network hub?

I was thinking that if I put a second network card in one of the computers would that work as a hub as well? If not, can anyone suggest the cheapest way of linking 3 pc's just for Christmas so we can all play games together.



Many thanks



James



Can I play 3 player games on 3 computers without a network hub?aurora



a small hub can cost the same as another NIC. using another PC as a bridge will work but will provide less than desirable game play.



Can I play 3 player games on 3 computers without a network hub?download



only with a hub or router, 2 pc's can work by a direct cable, more than 2 requires additional equipment.
Dude hubs are CHEAP... hell sell it on Ebay when you are done with it or give it to yourself for xmas!
Get a cheap hub or switch. A switch is better -- hubs are ancient technology by comparision. You can get a 4 or 5 port workgroup switch for less than $50.00.



Trying to use 2 NICs in one machine is going to be a major exercise in frustration. It would be feasible if the one with 2 NICs was a server, but with desktops it will be a pig. (I'm a network engineer and I wouldn't even try it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment