Friday, August 20, 2010

I have set up my wireless netwrok, but one of my computers constantly keeps getting disconnected? An

I recently set up my home network. It works fine on 2 of my other computers, yet when I go to my sons computer it constantly keeps disconnecting, is there anything that I should be doing?



I have set up my wireless netwrok, but one of my computers constantly keeps getting disconnected? Any advice?moto guzzi



Is it further away from the router/access point or are there more walls? It could be a weak signal, try moving the wireless adapter or access point (or repositioning their antennas) or seeing if yours has a transmit power adjustment.



Is there a cordless phone, or cell phone, nearby? Our 2.4Ghz cordless phone caused the adapter to disconnect every time it was in use. My nephew's cell phone causes periodic disconnections when it contacts the local cell - even when no one's talking on it.



I have set up my wireless netwrok, but one of my computers constantly keeps getting disconnected? Any advice?norton internet security 2008



This is not easily answered as it could be one of many things.



I would start here



Most service providers give you 2 mac address for your internet connection and one is required for the router. If you had you computers on the internet before you bought the router, then hooked up the router, it will likley have taken one of the mac address. You have only one left to split two ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment